The 13 Villages of Newton
Newton High School Reunions
The Newton Citizens WebPages have been around since the fall of 1995! I've created this archive of changes to the What's New page for historical purposes. Some of the links may not work, since they are now out of date.
- 15 November 1999
- Added information about the Newton North class of '74 25th reunion
to the High School Reunions page.
- 2 November 1999
- Updated the Newton Country Players page with
news about their upcoming events.
- 31 October 1999
- Facelift time! Do you like the new look of these pages? Drop me a
line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 27 September 1999
- Created a Newton High Schools Reunions page.
If you know of a reunion, please let me know.
- 9 September 1999
- Updated the Newton Country Players' page to
with information about their upcoming season.
- 12 August 1999
- Added a link to the Myrtle Baptist Church's website on the
Faith Communities page.
Also, check out the 1999 Municipal Elections
Calendar provided by the Newton League of
- 19 July 1999
- Responding to an excellent request from a reader, I've added a direct link
to the On-Line Catalogue of the
Minuteman Library Network, of which the Newton Free Library is a part.
- 24 June 1999
- Summer has arrived in Newton, and I've added a lot of
listings to the July and
- 17 May 1999
- Added information about the Newton High School Class of 1949 50th Class Reunion. I hope to add information about other reuions, as I obtain the information.
If you know of a reuion, please drop me a line at
- 12 May 1999
- On the Faith Communities Listings, added the
Holy Faith Center at Stone Institute.
On the Arts Organizations page, added a new category,
Dance, occasioned by the addition of the
Banbury Cross Children's Morris Dance Team, which is currently seeking new members.
- 8 March 1999
- On the Faith Communities Listings, updated the information for Congregation Dorshei Tzedek,
including a link to their web site.
- 24 February 1999
- Added listings of the Newton Conservators Spring Walks to the Community Calendar. Check out their
latest on-line Newsletter (Winter 1999)!
- 16 February 1999
- Added a link to the Underwood School PTO's Creative Arts & Sciences
events web page on the School Doin's page.
- 9 February 1999
- Added a substantial number of items to the Community Calendar, including the League of Women Voters
Series on Community Issues.
- 14 December 1998
- Added a link to the Union Church in Waban's
on the Communities of Faith page.
- 1 December 1998
- On the Arts Organizations page, added
a link to the new Newton
Community Chorus site.
- 30 November 1998
- Added the Orthodox Parish of the
Holy Apostles to the Communities of Faith Page
- 23 November 1998
- Updated the Newton Country Players page
with information about their winter season.
- 7 October 1998
- Added the League of Women Voters, Newton,
Voters Guide for Newton-specific offices.
- 2 October 1998
- Added a pointer to the Congregation Agudas Achim Anshei Sfard web site on the Faith
Communities page, plus a link to their excellent
history page on the
On-line Tours of Newton page.
- 23 September 1998
- Added the On-line Walks and Tours of Newton page,
containing links to maps and descriptions of tours of Newton. Also added
substantially to the Community Calendar for October and
- 11 September 1998
- Updated the Newton Country Players page; please note that their One-Act Workshop has been postponed.
- 25 August 1998
- Back in April, I added a pointer to historian Kenneth W. Newcomb's on-line book,
of the Mold, a photographic history of Newton Upper Falls. This site now
been greatly expanded, with 19 chapters and some 250 images. Check it out!
- 27 July 1998
- Added the new 1998-1999 season information for the Newton Country Players. Auditions for the first show are coming up in
- 22 June 1998
- Changed all the Zip Codes on this Web Site; added Summer Comes to Newton.
- 12 June 1998
- Added a link to the new
Web Site of Trinity
Episcopal Church on the Communities of Faith page.
- 17 April 1998
- Added a link to historian Kenneth W. Newcomb's on-line book,
of the Mold to the Village of Newton Upper Falls page.
- 10 April 1998
- On the Arts
Organization page, added a link the the Newton Choral Society's new
- 6 April 1998
- Updated the Newton Country Players pages, with
- 31 March 1998
- Updated the information and links on the About Newton page, sadly neglected by yours truly.
- 15 March 1998
- Added links to the websites of Ou Lady Help of Christians and St. Ignatius churchs on the Faith Communities page.
- 1 March 1998
- Corrected broken links in the School Doin's page.
Added information about Newton's Alternatives to
Pesticides Month. Added the new phone number and link to the web page for Temple Emanuel.
- 27 January 1998
- Added a link to the United Methodist Church of Newton web page on the Faith Communities page.
- 22 January 1998
- Added a link to the website of
the Parish of the Good Shepherd on the Faith Communities Listing.
- 12 January 1998
- Restored the links to rail stations on the MBTA Website, thanks to the help of someone associated with the page.
- 11 January 1998
- Published the Newton Choral Society's Performance Schedule, and made substantial changes to the links on the village pages, in response to both the MBTA Website and the City of Newton, Mass., Government Website having complete redesigns.
- 4 January 1998
- Updated the Newton Country Players page, and
added some events to the January and February Community
Calendar. Remember, if your non-profit group has an event, let me know, and I'll add it to the calendar!
- 4 December 1997
- Added Congregation Bnai Jacob to
the Faith Communities page.
- 29 October 1997
- Added a page on the 1997 City Elections. Be
sure to get out and vote!
- 12 October 1997
Added the Newton Symphony Orchestra's 1997-1998 Four Concert Series.
- 9 October 1997
- Added information on the Silent Spring
- 28 September 1997
- Added Interfaith Counseling Center
to Faith Communities in Newton, as the start of a new section on related organizations. Added information on the
Newton Schools Foundation "Just Desserts and All
That Jazz" fundraising Evening.
- 16 September 1997
- Added a list of Newton Conservators walks to the September,
October, and November Community Calendars.
- 4 September 1997
- Added information about the Fall Semester
and Winter Concert of the
Newton Community Chorus
- 27 August 1997
- Added a link to Shaarei Tefillah's web site on the Houses of
- 1 July 1997
- Added information about Integrated Pest
Management provided by GreenCAP
- 25 June 1997
- Added information about the Newton Community Chorus' Pops In the Park Concert, and
added many events to the July and
- 22 June 1997
- In the Houses of Worship page, added
a pointer to St. Paul's Episcopal
Church. If your house of worship has a web site that I'm not yet
linked to, please send me e-mail (email@example.com)
- 1 June 1997
- Updated the Newton Country Players page
with details of the 1997-1998 season.
- 18 May 1997
- Thanks to the comment of a user from Costa Rica, I found out that the
links that I had on the Villages pages to the
MBTA bus routes no longer worked. Working with the MBTA Home Page's webmaster, I have now created valid links.
- 11 May 1997
- Added information about the Walk for the
Hospice of the Good Shepherd.
- 27 April 1997
- Added information on Green CAP's
event What's Bugging You?.
- 6 April 1997
- To the School Doin's page, added
TigerNet, Newton North
High School's web publication.
- 4 March 1997
- Added information about the Newton Community Chorus's March fundraiser, "A Night of Music.
- 20 February 1997
- The Newton Computer Society is a reality!
- 23 January 1997
- Added information about auditions to
the Newton Community Chorus page.
- 20 January 1997
- Added several new items to the Community Calendar.
Remember, I'm happy to list all events and meetings sponsored
by Newton-based non-profit organizations.
- 16 December 1996
- Added a page for the
Newton Community Chorus
- 9 December 1996
- Added the January, 1997 Calendar. Keep those
event notices coming!
- 3 December 1996
- On the Environmental Organizations page,
added a pointer to the new home page of the
Friends of Hemlock Gorge,
maintained by John Mordes (John.Mordes@ummed.edu). Also added a call for a Newton Computer Society.
- 1 December 1996
- Added information about the upcoming production
of the Newton Country Players.
- 18 November 1996
- Added information about the Newton Schools Foundation's Celebrate Education '96 Gala
- 29 October 1996
- Added photographs from the upcoming
production of the Newton Country Players, plus
a few photos from previous productions.
- 16 October 1996
- Added two more bus routes to the Village of
Newton Corner page, thanks to the sharp eyes of Bonnie Friedman,
a resident of Oak Square/Newton Corner. Thanks, Bonnie!
- 14 October 1996
- On the Villages pages, added links to
the route maps and information on the
MBTA Home Page,maintained by
- 13 October 1996
- Added the Fall Concert Schedule sponsored by
Highland Jazz, Inc.
- 2 October 1996
- Updated the Newton Country Players page to
feature information about the current production of Fiddler on the Roof
- 10 September 1996
- Made substantial additions to the Community Calendar; remember, I can only add events I know about! Also, added a
link to the new Newton Symphony
Orchestra Web Page.
- 9 September 1996
- Added a link to the Unofficial Home Page for the Newton Highlands Neighborhood Area Council
to the Newton Highlands village page.
- 15 August 1996
- Added the 1996-1997 Schedule for the Newton
Symphony Orchestra. Added the call for the Great Daffodil
- 22 July 1996
- Added the August Community Calendar; it's
pretty sparse: send your event notices to me, and I'll add them. (It's
not too early to think about September.)
- 9 July 1996
- Added a call for volunteers for the Newton
Centre summer garden.
- 5 July 1996
- Added substantial information to the July
- 30 May 1996
- Added information about GreenCAP, a
Green Decade Coalition/Newton
- 22 May 1996
- Added links to the independently maintained websites of
Temple Shalom and
Avodah on the Houses of Worship page.
- 7 May 1996
- Added a description and history of the Newton
- 29 April 1996
- Added informtion on a tribute to Irving Berlin,
presented by Highland Jazz. Added some of the
page maintained by the Newton Conservators
- 23 April 1996
- I slightly updated the main WebPage; let me
know what you think of the new look.
- 9 April 1996
- Added a link to the
Bah'i Community of Newton's Web Page
on the Houses of Worship page.
- 2 April 1996
- Added a link to the Ward School Unofficial Home Page on the School Doin's page.
- 24 March 1996
- In the School Doin's page, added Murray Road School, which was an alternative high school
from 1968 -1979.
- 19 March 1996
- Added the Rummage Sale at St. Mary's Episcopal Church.
- 13 March 1996
- Added the particulars about the Zervas School Spring Fair on Saturday, March 23.
- 12 March 1996
- Discontinued (by Library request) the Library Public Opinion Survey.
Thanks for your responses!
- 27 February 1996
- Joined the Blue Ribbon Anti-Censorship Campaign. Also noted a major change in performer for the
Newton Symphony Orchestra's upcoming concert.
- 19 February 1996
- Added a link to the Bowen School PTA
Home Page in
the School Doin's page.
- 13 February 1996
- Added the Newton Television Foundation to
the Arts Organizations page. Added the Lecture Series sponsored by the Lutheran Church of the Newtons.
- 8 February 1996
- Added the spring schedule to the New Art Center Calendar
- 7 February 1996
- Reorganized the School Doin's page, including
a pointer to the state's Parent
- 4 February 1996
- Added to the February
community calendar information about the American Red Cross Blood Drive, sponsored by the
Norumbega & Brookline Lodge (Newtonville) of the
Freemasons of Massachusetts.
Added the Newton Country Players production of Into the
Woods to the March community calendar
- 28 January 1996
- Welcome to the
Baha`i Community of Newton,
whose listing I've added to the
Houses of Worship
- 11 January 1996
- Added a link to the web page of the Newton-Needham Chamber of Commerce.
Added the Institutions of Higher Learning page. If
you are associated with any of those listed which don't
have a web page, and you'd like more information about the institution listed
here, please get in touch!
- 25 December 1995:
- Added the "School Doin's" page, containing
web links to pages maintained by organizations associated with Newton Schools,
such as Newton South's newspaper,
The Lion's Roar, and the Web page of the
Added new entries to the Community Calendar for December,
March (1996) and April (1996)
Added the Environmental Organizations page.
- 30 November 1995:
- Added new entries to the December Calendar,
including Hansel & Gretel.
- 26 November 1995:
- Added the Countryside School Auction.
- 16 November 1995:
- Added classification of Houses of Worship by denomination, and added a Houses of Worship section
to each of the village pages.
- 4 November 1995:
- Added polling place information for the
- 12 October 1995:
- Added the Newton Free
Library Public Opinion Survey form.
- 11 October 1995:
- Added Coming up this weekend, connected the Special Events page.
- 5 October 1995:
- Added the Fall Walks schedule
of the Newton Conservators, the Concert Schedule
of the Newton Symphony Orchestra, and the beginnings of
a Community Calendar.
Newton Citizens WebPages |
Newton, Mass., Citizens Web Pages www.newtoncitizens.com
Webweaver: Bobbi Fox,
Copyright (c) by Bobbi Fox.
Last Updated: Sunday, 13-Oct-2002 17:47:34 EDT